LightCycler® 480 Software, Version 1.5
Comprehensive suite of tools for setup, run, and analysis of real-time PCR quantification and genotyping assays on the LightCycler® 480 Real-Time PCR System.
For life science research only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
The LightCycler® 480 Software, Version 1.5 provides all functionalities for running real-time PCR applications, such as user-friendly programming of PCR protocols, sample editing, templates, and macros. Furthermore, the LightCycler® 480 Software, Version 1.5 enables different analysis capabilities for product characterization (SYBR Green I assays, Tm calling), gene quantification (absolute and relative), and genotyping (endpoint or melting curve-based methods). Additional innovative LightCycler® 480 Software modules (e.g., LightCycler® 480 Gene Scanning Software) can expand the analysis capabilities of the system to adapt to different user needs.
The LightCycler® 480 Basic Software configuration includes:
- Absolute Quantification (see Figure 1)
- Tm Calling
- Relative Quantification Analysis
- Melting Curve Based Genotyping
- Endpoint Genotyping Analysis Module
Figure 1: LightCycler® 480 Software analysis screen for absolute quantification. The amplification of a viral target in twofold dilutions ranging from 1x102 to 1x105 copies per reaction is shown. The LightCycler® 480 Software allows the user to easily alternate between screens (e.g., sample editor and analysis screens). The user can also choose which samples to include in the display and analysis (e.g., individual samples, sample subsets, or all samples on the plate). The plate scheme indicates which samples are positive, negative, or uncertain, or whether they are standards.
Data Safety and Traceability
To ensure integrity of scientific results, all experimental data obtained on the LightCycler® 480 Instrument can only be accessed or analyzed via the LightCycler® 480 Software. The software is closely linked to a database that can be used in a flexible research mode or, alternatively, in a mode with an audit trail function. In this audit mode, the information on all finished runs is stored in a traceable form, and no manipulation of stored raw data from finished runs is possible.
This feature of the LightCycler® 480 Software is especially important when compliance to 21 CFR Part 11 guidelines is key. Note however, that the raw data still remain accessible via the software to allow users to view (but not manipulate) the actual fluorescence measurement results before any calculation (e.g., normalization) has been done on them.
The LightCycler® 480 Software uses unique Roche algorithms for highly accurate and robust automated data analysis. Its different modules allow you to:
- Quickly start experiments from ready-to-use macros or templates for all applications.
- Conveniently define or edit sample information in plate or table views.
- Apply basic or advanced analysis modes for both gene expression and genotyping studies.
- Easily import or export data in batches and generate customized reports.
- Choose between a flexible research and a secured traceable database mode (see Performance Tab).
- Define expert or standard users with differently defined access rights to macros and data view.
- Operate the LightCycler® 480 Instrument within a client/server network.
For further information, contact your local sales representative.